Cat® G.E.T. Solutions for Demanding Applications
Protect expensive components. Reduce your operating costs. And get the most out of your machine’s performance.
Choosing the right Ground Engaging Tools (G.E.T.) can make a big difference in your operation’s productivity and profitability. That’s why we offer a wide array of integrated Cat G.E.T. systems that are performance-built to specific application requirements.
Use the information below to learn more about what’s available for your equipment, then work with our product support representative to select the components built for your industry and jobsite or mine site conditions. We’ll make sure you get the rugged durability, solid protection and lowest cost-per-ton production system you need through G.E.T. such as:
We offer a wide range of Cat grader cutting edges for motor graders and scrapers. Each provides benefits when used in the appropriate application. Using the right edge is critical for enhancing production and keeping total costs to a minimum. The three factors to consider in choosing a cutting edge are shape, width, and thickness.
There are two basic edge shapes for motor graders – flat and curved – with serrated edges available in both configurations. In addition, the Cat GraderBits System dramatically expands the range of edge shape options. Cat offers two types of grader edges and three edge thicknesses for the 16M and 24M motor graders.
- Superior Durability, More Options: Cat DH-2 through-hardened steel edges are available in a variety of shapes and thicknesses to fit every application.
- Extended Edge Life: Maximize your edge life with tungsten carbide edges.
- Maximum Penetration, Minimum Waste: Cutting bit systems.
Cat Track Type Tractors or Cat Dozers work in many different industries, applications, climates, and environments and can be customized for specific jobs just like the Cat G.E.T. that protects dozer blades or ripper systems. Both of these work tools have to balance ground penetration or wear life. Dozer blades, cutting edges and end bits are designed to move more material over a longer period with less downtime, translating into a lower cost per hour for you.
Cat end bits and cutting edges for dozer blades can be custom ordered with Cat Abrasion Resistant Material (ARM) which is recommended for applications where sand, gravel, or other abrasive materials severely diminish wear life, and it has the following benefits:
- Safer, Simpler Installation: Threaded holes allow easier handling of edges at first install or during rotation to wear opposite edge.
- Minimal Throw Away: Multiple edge sections allow you to rotate or replace only the worn areas.
- Improved Productivity: Broad offerings allow you to have both end bit penetration and long cutting edge life, resulting in less maintenance.
Hydraulic excavators are extremely versatile machines used for a variety of purposes, from grading to mass excavation and demolition work. A hydraulic excavator’s main work tool is a bucket, but these machines can also be equipped with hydraulic couplers to pick up a variety of tools.
Balancing your desired productivity/penetration with the wear life of your system is critical. Excessive wear material can reduce productivity and increase fuel burn. Cat hydraulic excavator buckets and G.E.T. are designed as a balanced system to increase life while minimizing drag.
Even though bucket tips come in many shapes and sizes, you don’t have to be an expert to choose the right ones. Use the chart (PDF) below to determine if the material you’re digging in is high, medium or low impact and abrasion—then find the balance you need among these three factors:
- Strength: The ability to withstand digging and penetrating shocks and high breakout forces
- Penetration: The ability to penetrate tough material when it’s tightly compacted, rocky, or frozen
- Wear Life: The ability to withstand wearing, scouring, and abrasive action of the material being handled
Paving & Demolition
Choosing the right cutter bit for a paving or demolition application is very important to maximize overall performance of your Cat machine. The biggest influencers in your decision should be given to what material is being milled, depth of cut, and the horsepower of your machine.
Rippers & Scarifiers
Selecting the proper rippers and scarifiers for your dozer, scraper or motor grader can make the difference between just being able to rip a material and being able to reach optimum efficiency and maximum production. Production ripping usually requires a single shank ripper, as do very hard or tightly compacted materials. The multi-shank ripper is especially useful in pre-ripping for scrapers or other loading tools.
Scarifiers are available in two configurations, V-Block and Straight Block:
- Cat V-Block Scarifiers fit ahead of the blade, hold up to 11 shanks and loosen a path 1168mm wide. They are available to fit Cat 12, 120, 140 and 112 motor graders
- Cat Straight Block Scarifiers are mounted on the rear of the machine and are best used for higher-speed applications in shallow, low impact applications. Holding up to 17 shanks and loosening a path 1828mm wide, these are available to fit Cat 12 and 14 Motor Graders.
Cat machines are built for years of use. Wear protection parts – chocky bars, wear buttons, roll bars and wear blocks – protect machine and bucket surfaces from wear, maximizing productivity and uptime in a variety of applications.
Each part features two layers, which are bonded together through a copper-brazing process.
- Chrome White Iron (CWI). Heat-treated ASTM Class 2, Type B with a minimum hardness of Rockwell C 60 for high wear resistance
- Mild-steel Backing Plate. Provides impact absorption for greater durability
Wheel Loader Buckets
We stock a full range of genuine Cat ground engaging tools for your wheel loader bucket, including side bar & edge protection, tip & adapter systems. Use the downloadable resources below to learn more about what is available for your equipment then work with your product support representative to select the components built for your industry and jobsite conditions.