Major Component Limited Warranty
Cashman Equipment warrants its major rebuilt components to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months unlimited hours, after installation of the component by Cashman. In certain instances, a prorate will apply. This warranty is valid in the Cashman Service Territory only, and is non-transferrable.
If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the warranty period, Cashman will provide, at a Cashman service facility:
- Parts, labor, freight, and supplies deemed necessary by Cashman to restore the component to its operating condition just prior to the warrantable failure.
- Removal and installation (R&I) labor are included if Cashman performed the R&I on the original repair.
- Travel time and mileage for 12 months, if the component was originally installed in the field.
- 100% of the cost of resultant damaged parts that were previously purchased and which are not older than 6 months.
- Timely notification to Cashman of any problems experienced with the component
- Timely access to the machine so Cashman can diagnose and correct any problem with the component.
- Utilization of Cashman’s Fluids Analysis Lab, taking oil samples at recommended intervals, and sending samples to Cashman’s Fluid Analysis Lab (additional fees apply)
- Performance of all Preventive Maintenance (PM) services as outlined in the Caterpillar Operation and Maintenance manual
- Accurate machine service hour meter
- Proration* of covered costs as defined in the Proration section below
- Betterment parts (those not related to the warrantable failure)
- 50% of the cost of all resultant damaged parts older than 6 months
- All other expenses not listed under Cashman Responsibilities
- Cashman is not responsible for failures resulting from:
- Misuse, abuse, neglect and/or accidents.
- Installation of a component into a contaminated system.
- User caused delays in making the component available after being notified of a potential product problem.
- Other parts/components attached during installation.
- Torque Converters
- Wheel Groups
- Final Drives
- Steering Clutches
- Transfer Gears
Note: Alternators, air compressors, freon compressors, electric starters, air starters, water pumps, turbochargers, injectors, fan drives and brake group parts are warranted for 12 months/2,000 hours.
– If the user elects to replace a component with a Cashman Exchange component during the warranty period, or…
– If the component fails after 12 months or 2,000 hours, whichever occurs first, the following proration of covered costs will apply:
The user is responsible for the larger percentage of either: SMUs used (6,000 SMUs) or months used (36 months) If the user pays a prorate of 25% or more when an exchange unit is utilized, the warranty begins again.