920 Compact Wheel Loader
The Cat® 920 Compact Wheel Loader features a C3.6 engine, the Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader linkage, various work tools, a state-of-the-art electro-hydraulic system, a tuned drivetrain, a cab with all-around visibility, extended service intervals and excellent service access, and standard fuel savings features.
- Maximum Gross Power - 121HP
- Rated Net Power - Rated Engine Speed - 2200r/min
- Maximum Gross Power - Rated Engine Speed - 2200r/min
- Maximum Gross Power - ISO 14396 (metric) - 122HP
- Rated Net Power - SAE J1349 - 120HP
- Rated Net Power - ISO 9249 - 118HP
- Maximum Gross Torque - SAE J1995 - 372ft·lbf
- Maximum Gross Torque - ISO 14396 - 369ft·lbf
- Maximum Net Torque - SAE J1349 - 366ft·lbf
- Maximum Net Torque - ISO 9249 - 363ft·lbf
- Displacement - 220in³
- Bore - 3.85in
- Stroke - 4.72in
- Engine Model - Cat C3.6
- Emissions - Engine meets Tier 4 Final/Stage V emission standards.
- Note - Net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel plus front drive implement pump when the engine is equipped with fan, air cleaner, muffler and alternator.
- Maximum Gross Power - ISO 14396 - 121HP
- Operating Weight - 21742lb
- Bucket Capacities - 1.3-3.5 m3 (1.7-4.6 yd3)
- Bucket Capacities - General Purpose - 1.3-1.9 m³ (1.7-2.5 yd³)
- Bucket Capacities - Light Material - 2.5-3.5 m³ (3.3-4.6 yd³)
- Recyclability - 95%
Service Refill Capacities
- Transmission - 0.8gal (US)
- Engine Crankcase - 2.6gal (US)
- Axles - Rear - 4.5gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank - 25.9gal (US)
- Axles - Front - 4.5gal (US)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tank - 4.8gal (US)
- Cooling System - 5.7gal (US)
- Fuel Tank - 43.6gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank - 14.5gal (US)
- Note - DEF used in Cat Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241-1.
- ROPS - ISO 3471:2008
- FOPS - ISO 3449:2005
- Note (3) - The labelled sound power level for the CE marked configurations when measured according to the test procedure and conditions specified in 2000/14/EC (as amended by 2005/88/EC) is 103 dB(A).
- Note (2) - The declared dynamic operator sound pressure levels per ISO 6396:2008*, when the cab is properly installed and maintained, is 77 dB(A).
- Note (1) - Cab and Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) are standard in North America and Europe.
- Note (4) - *The measurements were conducted with the cab doors and windows closed.
Loader Hydraulic System
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 43.6gal/min
- Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder - 4641psi
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 3rd Function, Maximum Flow, Standard - 25gal/min
- Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder - 4th Function Relief Pressure - 4641psi
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Float Down, Maximum Lift to Ground Level - 2.7s
- Note - All cycle times listed are with cylinder snubbing turned off.
- Maximum Working Pressure - Implement Pump - 4061psi
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Total Cycle Time - 11.5s
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rackback - 2.2s
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 4rd Function, Maximum Flow - 25gal/min
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Dump, at Maximum Reach - 1.8s
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Raise, Ground Level to Maximum Lift - 4.8s
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 3rd Function, Maximum Flow, High - 40gal/min
- Maximum Working Pressure - Steering Pump - 3190psi
- Steering Cycle Times - Full Left to Full Right - At 2,350 rpm: 90 rpm Steering Wheel Speed - 2.3s
- Steering Articulation Angle - Each Direction - 40°
- Number of Steering Wheel Turns - Full Left to Full Right or Full Right to Full Left - 3.4turns
- Maximum Flow - Steering Pump - 21.7gal/min
- Note - *Creeper Control allows speed control from a stand still up to 10 km/h (6.3 mph). The Creeper Control will only work in Range 1.
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 3 - 25mile/h
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 2* - 12.5mile/h
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 1* - 6.3mile/h
- Rear - Oscillating ±11 degrees; Locking differential (standard)
- Front - Fixed; Locking differential (standard)
- Other Choices Include - 17.5 R25 L3 XHA2; 20.5 R25 L3 XHA3; 17.5-25 L2/L3 SGL; 20.5-25 L2/L3 SGL; 17.5-25 L3 HRL D/L-3A; 17.5 R25 L2 Snow; 20.5 R25 L2 Snow; 17.5 R25 Solid
- Standard Size - 17.5 R25 L2 XTLA
- Note (1) - Other tire choices are available. Contact your Cat dealer for details.
- Note (3) - Caterpillar recommends that you consult a tire supplier to evaluate all conditions before selecting a tire model.
- Note (2) - In certain applications, the loader’s productive capabilities may exceed the tire’s tonnes-km/h (ton-mph) capabilities.