Salary Range : $40,000 to $65,000
- Answer technical requests and assist in the resolution of critical product problems through diagnosis, personal knowledge and expertise, manufacturing contacts and engineering data. Document and summarize major product problem information for presentation and resolution.
- Recognize, document and report product issues that significantly effect operations and/or production, particularly those operation and production issues caused by mismatch or misapplication of GET, undercarriage etc or misapplication of equipment (engine overspeed, excessive coasting in neutral, excessive brake use, exceeding 10/10/20 payload, rolling resistance, haul road conditions).
- Act as the focal point for Continuous Product Improvement. Document and summarize major product problem information for presentation and resolution. When appropriate, recommend the formation or Tiger Team groups and represent Cashman on Newmont Tiger Teams formed to determine specific product problem root causes or improve product performance.
- Identify areas where training (especially technical training) could have the greatest positive impact. Influence others to prioritize and pursue training appropriate personnel. In specific cases, conduct or participate in training sessions.
- Provide technical and operational information to the appropriate sources at Cashman Equipment and CAT. Maintain the dissemination of the technical communication. Whenever possible, use Knowledge Network to resolve technical issues. Answer all local Newmont inquiries communicated through KN.
- Serve as the coordinator and communicator for all major Newmont product problem issues and resolution status. Ensure appropriate Cashman employees (especially the Newmont Account Manager and PSSR) are aware of the major product problems and resolution status.
- Assist with identifying and developing meaningful benchmark measurements that can be used to maximize equipment productivity and uptime, minimize maintenance and repair cost and monitor financial results against MARC or Operation budget.
- Identify operational issues that could benefit from a continuous improvement team review. Influence others to develop these areas into Continuous Improvement projects. Participate on appropriate teams.
- Gather, assemble, summarize and distribute all component life data (including using MCTS). Example: component life hours, part causing failure information.
- Provide product problem expertise for Elphinstone and other CAT underground product to Newmont and Cashman. Serve as technical liaison between Eliphinstone and Newmont. Document and summarize major Elphinstone product problem information for presentation and resolution.
- Direct, coordinate, perform and report on test iron projects, failure analysis, reusability guidelines and parts salvage and development.
- Investigate and report on product accidents to company and manufacturer.
- Assess and provide input to service management on service equipment, tooling, procedural, and Technician training needs.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety regulations. Use all safety equipment as necessary. Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Accurate, timely and complete product problem troubleshooting, diagnosis, failure analysis process, recording, reporting and response.
- Provides complete, organized and current master technical library.
- Effectively participates as part of team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as necessary.
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent, some college preferred.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Courses in basic engineering, algebra, trigonometry, and technical writing/presentations.
- Product specific hydraulics, electronics, power transmission, pneumatics, engines, air conditioning, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and failure analysis application.
- General technical areas of applied physics, Mechanical drawing, metal component fabrication and structure design, and machining processes.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Minimum of five (5) years of heavy equipment Technician experience or equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge. Some experience as a Field Technician preferred.
- Office/inside environment.
- Frequent exposure to shop/warehouse/outside environment.
- Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
- Valid Nevada Drivers License with an acceptable driving record.
- Frequent travel and overnight stays.
Physical / Mental Abilities:
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.